Good profit

Never been a huge fan of Neptune so I was like meh...
Jadeduo
In My Dreams
Sep 02 at 2:08 PM
In his defense, he's a good reliable buyer. Just sayin'
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Sep 20 at 9:28 PM
Edited Oct 03 at 9:25 PM
ginta
marmalade
Oct 03 at 2:55 AM
We've sold stuff for more than we've paid. Hell, we once bought a large lot of cels from a seller and recouped nearly half our cost for it through resales (while keeping 50+ cels for our personal collection).

We've also bought lots and made a profit while still keeping a small part of the lot for ourselves.

Not saying we're in favor of 'flipping' (we've spent WAY more than we've made in this hobby), but this hobby will die if there's no profit to be made by resellers, especially if they are vilified.

The inter-webz just provides more transparency to what was previously a more-obscured process.

Look at it this way... all sellers are essentially flippers. The best ones do it in a way that hides the fact that they're making a profit. ^_~

Just an opinion. ^_^
Edited Oct 08 at 1:59 PM
Angelic-Lair
Oct 08 at 1:12 PM
I think the point though is that those using the board are upset that there is someone in the same community who outbids them with the sole intention of reselling those same items on EBay a couple weeks later at 2x the price.

No one is arguing against a collector buying a lot to resell some of them or the occasional gallery offer period. What people are tired of seeing is the same couple of people outbidding fellow collectors only for the purpose of reselling it in the US at huge markup.

True, all sellers are, to a certain extent, flippers. But the sellers that many of us are purchasing from on Japanese auction sites have done their footwork, often by going to the trouble of advertising to buy items, checking out various flea markets or getting these items through various promotional giveaways/dumpster diving, etc. Most are not bidding on auctions only to resell at a huge markup a couple weeks later.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Oct 09 at 1:06 AM
Welcome! Login or Register