Buying cels in Tokyo

Hi ladies and gents,

I'm looking to purchase my first cel on my trip to Tokyo in a few weeks, I've read that "Commit" in Nakano Broadway is a good place to go but from what I'm able to find it appears as if it may have shut down.

Obviously I'll be checking out Mandarake in Nakano but does anyone else have any other recommendations? :)

If it's any help I'm mostly looking for ones that were on TV when I was a kid - so Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing and Pokemon :)

Cheers,

Max
Edited Jun 28 at 12:28 PM
maxwood
Jun 28 at 12:14 PM
commit is back opened im told
magiktori
Tori's Cels
Jun 28 at 6:37 PM
Oh that's awesome. I will definitely check it out!
maxwood
Jun 29 at 3:27 AM
Top Floor of Nakano Broadway has Commit (cash Yen only!) on the right just past Mandarake which is also on the right, In the same Bldg. is also Anime World Star but they have limited stock - mostly pencils. Cel stores are very scarce these days and I was very disappointed with my last buying trip - been going to Tokyo buying cels since 1989
KahmCelWorld
Girls-On-Film
Jun 29 at 3:03 PM
FYI, you probably won't find any cels from Pokemon, Dragonball, etc. at Mandarake. Most of what's at Mandarake are dollar bin cels, and those are mostly from shows that have been largely forgotten. The Pokemon, Sailor Moon, etc. cels are usually auctioned on Mandarake's main site.

You may find some of these cels at Commit, but they are also more expensive there. My advice is to go in with low expectations.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Jun 29 at 7:47 PM
Welcome! Login or Register