Cannot upload images

Perhaps. I am not familiar with who owns and runs the server but by the looks some maintenance is duly needed.

After using rubberslug for a fare bit now, and as being a computer science student, it seems like this website was made with some very bad programming practices and almost as a beta-build. There are so many things that need polishing, updating and optimizing. I would say if I could access and modify to code to this website I would be highly tempted to make some changes. Don't mean to sound cocky but if updates to the site are not made sometime then eventually this site will die, which would be a very sad day.

Just curiously, here are some changes I would make:
-Error checking for images to prevent exception screen
-Increased max image size
-Implement comments & ratings on each uploaded piece
-Re-vamp the market section, make more advance with things like auction duration to remove clutter
-Re-do the search section to actually work, (not sure how he has currently implemented uploaded pieces, but I assume they would be stored as objects with relevant fields so you could just use a hash table to search by keyword to fix this).
-Clean up menu's
-Create user privlages, have admins.
-Give admins the ability to add, remove, modify tags (i.e. for when new shows are created)

Idk, just pondering :P
RePete
RePete's Gallery
Aug 04 at 9:57 AM
I have now managed to upload. The issue was image dimensions, NOT size or name. My new scanner produces higher res scans than my old so hence the sudden trouble.
RePete
RePete's Gallery
Aug 06 at 10:00 AM
RePete,

Sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe you can ask Jason if you can help him and JWR monitor things (and fix some!) as well. Go for it. See what he says. Never hurts to ask.
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Aug 09 at 6:50 PM
Welcome! Login or Register