Ideas to improve our RS community

I'd like to see an option to actually use an animated gif as a cel image. Right now you have to go about it from a weird angle and host the image off site. I think it would just be easier to let us upload .gif files. Other than that, I think others have already stated things I'd like to see.

I know it's not always possible, but I'd like to see updates actually happening to the site as well. I'm currently not a donator to the RS site. I've thought about it a few times but it's hard for me to justify donating when the site hasn't been updated even once in the time (the last few years) I've become more active with it. ._. This makes me feel like I shouldn't really have a say in how things go, but I'm just not willing to put my money toward something if I have no idea what it's going towards.
Edited Mar 11 at 8:20 PM
rummer
Rummy's Cels
Mar 11 at 8:19 PM
I've suggested this before, but if the issue is that RS is not an income-producer for Jason, he could make it so by creating a "Rubberslug Premium" by allowing some of these capabilities to people who pay a modest annual rent. Heck, I already pay Photobucket an annual rent to house my animated gifs that I import to RS with markup language.

People who are satisfied with the present capabilities with all their inconveniences can stay with "Rubberslug Basic" for free. Same with the many people who have "abandoned" their galleries and are no longer actively adding to or maintaining them. They are useful for research purposes, so I don't see the point of kicking them or anybody off.
Edited Mar 14 at 10:17 AM
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Mar 14 at 10:16 AM
I agree. I would hope that if people love cel collecting and are using this site that they would shell out the $5 a month to support it. If this site showed more revenue maybe it would get more updates and these requests maybe taken into account.
infinitygauntlet21
Infinity Cel Gallery
Mar 21 at 10:58 AM
I feel it's a chicken/egg thing, in that there are people, myself included, that would be fine paying a monthly fee for RS provided that we get some of the previously mentioned upgrades. But I also understand from Jason's point of view that, without the income, there's really no incentive to work on improving RS.

Right now, I'd settle for Jason to get out of lurker mode and maybe chat with us a bit, even if it's something unrelated to the site. I'd be nice to say "hello" and not have to follow it up with "Serversdowncan'tupdatewhywon'tyoufixitnow-asdfgl!"
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Mar 21 at 1:18 PM
I have a few requests too.

1. Batch uploading so I don't have to upload hundreds of settei one at a time.

2. Fix or update search so you can find newer cels.

3. Comments on each exhibit so the art can start a conversation. Maybe they could link to a forum. Thanks!
ginta
marmalade
Sep 26 at 2:52 AM
Welcome! Login or Register