Restoring Cels

ok thanks. ill write to her and see what she says
KS30
Jun 01 at 2:29 PM
Hey there! Just a quick reply to say that I got your message and sent you a return email through RS feedback. Hopefully it will reach you. Good luck with your project!
tex-chan
Gecko Blue Cels
Jun 02 at 12:48 AM
Sorry, I do realize this is very late reply. But to your question, yes S/R labs restore faded lines. I have a cel that I've done it to, not posted an image of it yet though. The way they do it is they trace the faded lines on top of the cel. It's expensive and nerve wrecking. For whatever reason they take very long, for my cel half a year. But I hear that everyone who used their service had the same problem, not very professional. The result is worth though. Also I recently found another artist, Piero Tonin, the only issue is he's in Rome and sending a cel that far sounds risky. But he seems credible and very friendly when I approached him with restoration questions. What else, ah yes, very important, never send anything to Studio C. I sent them a cel there with specific instructions and they wanted to take down the entire paint of the cel. They had no idea what the hell they were doing. Thank God I caught it on time before they ruined my cel. That's pretty much the restoration experience I've had so far.
riona
Misty's cel gallery
Nov 04 at 3:48 AM
I've used S/R Labs to have cels restored including lines restored. Their work is top notch. They do have a long waiting list for work done. There aren't many places that do animation art restoration and S/R Labs has other things going on like their animation art auctions. I believe now it's a 1.5+ year wait for art to be restored. I do think it's worth it, but it's something you have to understand before you send art to them.
MacKettric
Kett's Cel Gallery
Nov 05 at 2:11 PM
Is the price of restoration dependent on the condition of the cel or is it a flat rate fee?
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Nov 07 at 1:02 PM
Welcome! Login or Register