I miss the backgrounds and need a category update

The old RS had a great feature, it had printable backgrounds. I wish that feature was back. It was nice to see collectors building/sharing backgrounds. :(

Also I wish the categories were updated. I've collected a lot of Hakuouki stuff and I see no category for it. And I don't think it's that "obscure" like my robot trilogy collection.
hajimenokizu
Apr 21 at 9:18 AM
I miss the BG section as well. I wonder if those scans are still on the RS database, somewhere, or if they've disappeared. I really don't want to rescan those BGs again -_-'

Are you talking about the popular gallery tag icons? I'm guessing that the top 35 titles are decided by the amount of artwork present on RS, rather than popularity. But maybe there's some kind of mathematical equation, such as the artwork quantity and the amount of hits they receive. That would make sense because I don't think there are a lot of active TnN collectors.

I'm gonna blame it all on Sensei's mysterious 10K Spring boost hit count. It's all *your* fault ^_~
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Apr 22 at 11:32 AM
The "top 35" have never changed. I'm pretty sure those are the ones that Jason decided on when he was coding the site.

The problem is that when you go into all tags, or whatever it's called, some shows don't have a tag at all. That wouldn't be too much of a problem, if the search function worked.

Sadly, I don't see any problems being fixed any time soon.
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
Apr 23 at 11:30 AM
Bwa-ha-ha-ha ... soon Usagi-chan de Cue will RULE Rubberslug!

Actually, if I had anything to do with the tags, I'd want one for "A Tree of Palme" and one for "Rozen Maiden," two good anime productions for which cels/sketches abound. And from what I can tell, most of my new traffic has to do with my "Powerpuff Girls Z" collection, which is starting to put several items in the top 50, replacing CCS cels that have been there for years. And, oddly, there's no tag for "Powerpuff Girls" (for which cels do exist) nor for "Powerpuff Girls Z."

As I recall from the shake-down period just after RS.3 went live, Jason did some kind of rough searches to determine which series had widespread holdings. But he searched for titles only, and missed galleries that used common abbreviations like CCS or TnN.

I also recall that he heavily weighted the tags toward American-style animation, hoping to expand the base of curators. So there is "Darkwing Duck" but not "Death Note," "Tiny Toon Adventures" but not "Vampire Knight."

But there is a tag for "Usagi-chan de Cue!"
Edited Apr 23 at 8:45 PM
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Apr 23 at 8:44 PM
I really miss the backgrounds, too! They are still on the server as I can find many through a google search, but the page eternally shows "coming soon" making it difficult to actually find them.
noi
Moon Revenge
Jun 21 at 4:21 PM
Welcome! Login or Register