Idea Regarding Wishlists

I was wondering if there might be any way to add a feature wherein people could search, either by series or by character, on wishlists.

That way, if you had a cel that you were interested in trading you could search to see if anyone is looking for that particular cel.

Just a thought ^_^

Hazlanomi
hazlanomi
Hazlanomi's Monks & Mages
Jul 24 at 3:08 PM
Hazlanomi,

You've discovered one of the super-secret design decisions in the site. Why hasn't this been done yet? To avoid spam. Early on, I was just about to put this in but then I started getting reports that some gallery owners were getting spammed by random little cel dealers (not any of the nice, big ones) and they got on my bad side quick. (The dealers, not the members.)

However, as you probably know, RS is starting to give up it's pure freebie status and looking for sources of revenue so it doesn't have to rely on either donations or my expendable (*cough*) income. I'm tempted to make a big searchable wishlist one of the features available to cel dealers (who pony up a few bucks) so that they can minimize their standing inventory by just buying what people actually want.

If I get some time later, I'll try to put this in as a freebie for now that is available to all. No guarantees that it will stick around forever though. Thanks for the suggestion.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 25 at 8:17 AM
Welcome! Login or Register