"Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Here's a preview at what's next:

- Finish all the tertiary features. Background gallery, rubberslug t-shirt shop, etc. etc.

- Finish redoing search engine. I had to strip some options out of there for development purposes. Yes, Ted, it's on the list. :)

- Upgrade the gallery creation engine. This one may take a while but it's time that the gallery design tool got a serious facelift as well.

- More robust market options. This means primarily being able to port your entire into the market. We prefer that you don't sell stuff in your gallery pages. When we're done with the market, members should feel like going to the market is the far superior option, hands down.

- Revamp the chatroom. I have a half-finished one. It needs work.

- Flesh out the community features more. Create more in the way to social interaction, friends and favorites lists, etc.

- More "gallery tag" functionality. Definitely this include being able to suggest new tags or changes to old one. In the future, this could likely mean allowing member-curated tag collections instead of just titles. (Think less "Cowboy Bebop" and more "Anime of the late 90s" or other sorts of custom "gallery mixtapes".)

- UI language switching! At least for gallery creation, I'd like for people to be able to use the site in their own native language. Probably starting with French and Japanese, since those are our two biggest non-English audiences.

- Lots more stuff that I have written down somewhere. Your ideas also, perhaps?

- Reaching out to more non-anime people. Definitely want to loop in more comic art collectors, Western animation collectors, and non-English speaking collectors.

That being said, I've spent more time on this than is good for me and I've got to be switching gears to work on actual paying work soon. I've got lots of things I've been wanting to do.

Although paring back my paid work in March to near zero to work on Rubberslug and other projects was the most fulfilling thing I've done in years, I still have a mortgage to pay. :)

Thanks for your support over the years! We're just getting started.
Edited Nov 18 at 9:01 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 18 at 8:58 PM
Welcome! Login or Register