new! upload your feature images

I tried it, but did not get any "Congratulations! Your new feature image was successfully uploaded." message. On the other hand, I also didn't get a "Sorry, your feature image sucks, in the humble opinion of the server."

So I'm left a bit puzzled.

I'm also still concerned about the autosizing issue. It makes the pages where I import animations look very strange, and I'm still wondering if there is any way I can opt out, as I did before by unchecking the "autosize images" option in my preferences.
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Nov 03 at 7:47 AM
What browser were you using where the image didn't upload correctly, Bill?

Re: Safari. I'll try to look at Safari on my Mac but I can't promise anything will happen. Not going to officially support Safari. I'll be looking at Firefox 3+, IE7+, and *maybe* Chrome, which covers pretty much >90% of everyone.
Edited Nov 03 at 10:45 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 03 at 10:44 AM
thanks jason, i'll definitely check into that this weekend. :)
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Nov 03 at 11:56 AM
I was using Internet Explorer 8.0 in a Windows Vista environment.I tried again, and this time did get it to upload successfully.

The problem was a bit of confusion caused by the warning When scaled to 270 pixels wide, the height of the scaled image must be between 160 and 220 pixels high.

Accordingly, I scaled the image to 270 pixels wide and between 160 and 220 pixels high.

But another direction says: Your uploaded image must be greater than 270 pixels wide.Mmmmm.

Might be better to clarify that we are expected to try out scaling the images on our own to make sure that they fit the parameters. But that we need to upload the bigger image, and not the rescaled one that is 270 pixels wide.

Directions need to be written for curators who are easily confused, like me.

Would still like to hear more on the autosizing options, as those big blue boxes look very odd on the pages with animation.

For example: http://sensei.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_info.asp?ItemID=314797S

Also worth noting that boldfacing, underlining, etc. still work in the old white-on-black forum but do not seem to work in this new state-of-the-art forum, either in html markup (angle brackets) or standard message board markup (square brackets).
Edited Nov 03 at 12:45 PM
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Nov 03 at 12:00 PM
So, I tried Safari 4 on PC and Mac and it uploaded and worked for me.

Trying to install Safari 5 (.03 I think) on Mac and see if I can break the new site with it.

Update: Nope. Working for me in Safari 5.03/ Macbook/Leopard (is that osx 10.5? I just use it as a recipe computer in the kitchen :) ).

It's possible that maybe you were trying it between patches or something and I've updated something since then.

The form does crap out *slightly* and pop up with a blank error message in Safari, but you can still submit the form and the error does not prevent processing of the images.
Edited Nov 18 at 12:30 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 18 at 12:21 PM
Welcome! Login or Register