series list fixed, sort of. (sorry. :( )

Site is back up. There were some unavoidable issues with the data corruption of section names. I pieced together what I could by going through Google and Bing caches of your pages and plucking the section names from there (phew!) so only a few people have more than 5-10 section names to fix in their own galleries.

Sections that I couldn't save have been renamed "Gallery Section". Feel free to rename these at your convenience to their original names if you were effected.

I'm really sorry about this. I think this may be the first time I've flubbed a command that wiped out data on the site in nearly 10 years of operation. I know that doesn't make it any less annoying if you were affected (~1% of section names were affected). The net effect of all this arduous work on the site is to free up disk space permanently to allow for more regularly scheduled backups and creation of new site features.

Apologies for the growing pains!
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 11 at 6:10 PM
Let me just fart some skittles your way. :)
I appreciate all the hard work you're doing, getting this place ready for a major upgrade/overhaul. I saw the error messages earlier, and knew that whatever it was, you'd fix it! *HUGS*
And you did! *MORE HUGS* Noisy is AWESOME! ^___^

Now, if I could just borrow your genki to find my scanner in the mess of boxes, and get my ...two year backlog of sketches scanned in... :P

Anywhoo... hiccoughs and burps along the way are fine. :) As long as the dancing bunny gets to dance on...
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Oct 11 at 10:06 PM
Hello,

Thanks for all.

Gallery section name were restored.

But, it seems, in my gallery, two private pieces are missing.

i don't remember when i've put them in RS (one month ago or less).

Is it possible?

Thanks for all again.

chat noir.
chat noir
Black cat gallery
Oct 13 at 4:09 PM
I'm (mostly) sure that we didn't lose any items. It's possible that something got shuffled around. Do you know when you uploaded these items or what they're called? I may be able to help you track them down.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 13 at 4:17 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I put them in "Cat's Eye" gallery.

Unfortunately, i think i named them just by a point: "."

They were uploaded the 7/14/2010.

But, it could be possible i've deleted them definitively and i don't remember that...

Please, don't look at them...it doesn't matter...it could be possible i'm wrong..

So, thanks for your great efforts.

Bests regards.

chat noir.
Edited Oct 14 at 5:02 AM
chat noir
Black cat gallery
Oct 14 at 5:02 AM
Welcome! Login or Register