new build posted 7/26

It's getting there! Slowly but surely. Had to bite the bullet and reformat the navigation column on the left to fit the info for the currently logged in user. Call it the facebookification of RS if you like. :p
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 26 at 11:41 PM
Oooo! New word! You get a cookie! Macadamia! *snerk*
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Jul 27 at 1:04 AM
You may know this, but "Streams" directs back to the RS home page default with the updated galleries visible. Then you have to click "Streams" in the second menu bar to get there. Don't know if this is worth fixing, but it is a nuisance.

I do think the sidebar for the Forum is a very good idea. It's often frustrated me on Anime-Beta that there is no direct way to go to the menu of forums except by clicking randomly on a current post, then going to the very bottom of the page. Adding a menu to the frame, where it is always visible, makes the RS forum much easier to navigate than the Beta one and so increases my chances that I might hang out here more often.
Edited Jul 27 at 8:02 AM
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Jul 27 at 7:59 AM
Hi.

Yes, the streams thing isn't even done yet. I really wish I could keep track of "what's actually done" and what's just a placeholder.... better to be safe and sorry and report stuff like this though because I'm sure there's stuff I haven't caught yet.

The irony here is that I really shouldn't even bother writing my own forum. There's plenty of ones I can just drop in now -- an option that did not exist 8-9 years ago when I wrote the previous one. That being said, it's nice to own everything.

Still need to put in a lightweight visual editor for the forum. It's won't be plain text forever! (don't worry, simple formatting only not crazy colors, etc.)
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 28 at 1:27 AM
Welcome! Login or Register