site is too dark, reworking :(

Re: Featured Galleries: I never really thought to make the featured gallery thing a sponsor perk, but I guess that makes sense.

Poor feature galleries. I haven't done one in years. There's always something more pressing, then the stack gets larger, then there's something more pressing...
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 21 at 4:41 PM
I'm all for that (feature galleries a sponsor perk). :D It's kind of like what I mentioned in the for sales thread where in order to raise cash for the site, we can have the feature gallery be paid/donated for. I think since more work goes into the featured gallery, like mod checking or resizing etc, it only makes sense to have it "help" the site.
hajimenokizu
Jun 21 at 9:21 PM
When I joined, I was actually surprised that feature galleries were open to everyone and not just sponsors. Seems like a no-brainer perk to me.

Also, perhaps larger sponsers get more than one image in the rotation? As it is, I bet a lot of people pick Anime cels as representative of their gallery. Having more than one image in the rotation opens it up to showing more diversity (at least, for me it would). The site gets pegged as "Anime art only" to me because the example art in the featured spot is all anime.
Edited Jun 22 at 11:17 PM
mirana
Mirana's Production Art Gallery
Jun 22 at 11:14 PM
i like that idea too. i agree with mirana, when i first joined and became a sponsor i was also surprised that Featured Gallery was open to anyone. I thought it was a sponsor's perk.
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Jun 26 at 2:38 PM
I like the idea of the feature galleries being a sponsor perk. I would also like to second the idea that the number of different images allowed would depend upon the sponsor level.
benten
Benten's Place - A Cel Gallery
Jun 27 at 9:42 AM
Welcome! Login or Register