Question on Gallery by Popular Interest

Additional comments on the section, but I didn't want to make yet another thead, so it's going here:
the filter is pulling up some wrong series in at least some "By Interest" categories. Akira, for instance, pulls up several series which have the proper name Akira in them (or even just in a character name in a specific gallery section). Can you add limits to those searches (for example, "akira -clamp -Kuseninarisou -ccd -countdown -toya -toriyama" and so on)?

I note that it is much easier to scroll than it is to scroll, click, scroll. Six galleries at a time on the "By Interest" pages just doesn't seem like enough. It's sensible for the fornt page, to keep things tight, but I think limiting hits to six per page in other places is disruptive to the browsing process and will demotivate users from exploring the sections.
Edited Jun 17 at 6:39 PM
Ted
Ted's Animation Gallery
Jun 17 at 6:30 PM
Add one vote to Ted's proposal to increase the number of galleries available in the category itself. Maybe make the thumbnails in those sections a little smaller? Either that or perhaps a scroll would be better instead of pagination.
hajimenokizu
Jun 17 at 7:44 PM
Here's exactly how my tag filter works:

Each tag has this entry:

- Tag Name (if series contains this word, then include it)
- URL Name (what shows up in the address bar)
- "The" (whether name includes "the" or not, for alphabetization reasons)
- Preview Image

Furthermore, each tag has a series of "hints" associated with it.

- Fragment
- Exact Match (should this be matched i.e. series name contains this and nothing else?)
- Positive Match (yes it should contain this or no it should not contain this?)

So for Akira, to exclude Hikaru no Go, I would simply create a hint that says to exclude, say, the word "Hikaru". Inexact negative match. Haven't done it yet, but I'll get around to it. I really should put a tag editor on my list.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 18 at 8:00 AM
As far as more than x galleries per page: Ideally this should be user controlled. Someone people like scrolling and some not. Regardless, I need to design filters into that gallery page so that might be a good time to add "items per page" as well.

I actually *love* the way Bing does image searches. But that's some serious programming that I don't have time to rearchitect the system for.

Check it out here, in a search for "fishsticks".
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fishsticks&go=&form=QBIL&qs=n&sk=&sc=8-4

That
is totally dope. I could clone it... if I had a week or two. This'll have to suffice for now.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 18 at 8:09 AM
[quote]My preferred filters on a tag would be "newest/popular in last day/popular in last week/popular in last month/ all time"[/quote]

I would like to see "popular in last year" in that list.
benten
Benten's Place - A Cel Gallery
Jun 27 at 9:45 AM
Welcome! Login or Register