Help: Want to Sell Cels?

Howdy.

Instead of being just a big grouch and telling everyone that they can't sell things, I thought I'd take it upon myself to try helping out those that still need to do so.

So, I'm asking for your help.

Please list free web hosting alternatives to Rubberslug (plus links) that allow people with websites to put items up for sale.

Are we driving people away? No, of course not. You're all welcome here. But due to a number of issues that still need to be resolved, the one thing we will not be able to offer users for some time is the ability to sell things on their websites. I'd rather be useful instead of just standing in the way of perfectly honest transactions.

Thanks!
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 10 at 1:27 AM
I have a cheesy little geocities for sale page, I didn't want to link it but I will now. I think you can get free web pages with most ISP accounts. You just have to deal with idy bitty bandwith allotments and pop ups. While I'm on the subject does anyone have a .mac account? I was going to get one for the storage/filesharing, does the web page you get have pop ups? Thanks
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Jun 11 at 4:22 PM
So we are able to add a link to our selling sites? As long as the selling site is not on Rubberslug?

Or is this a no?

~Sarah
gundamnook
Gundam Nook's Cel Gallery
Jun 18 at 2:40 AM
Well, jn will correct me if I am wrong, but the long and short of it I think is this:

Some gallery owners do have links already to their "other" sites from RS, and on those other sites there are sales going on. I don't have a problem with it. If someone drops in on their site and happens to notice a link or that there is a mirror site somewhere else with sales posted,, I see no problem with it. HOWEVER, I think that the buck stops there.

Now here comes the tricky part:

Links FROM your "other site" to your RS site for the purpose of sales is a frowned upon, if the RS site is being used for sales. I know that might sound like double=talk but bear with me. There is a "slight nuance", a difference, in approach but the effect is much bigger, in a negative sense.
The way that links are used is the problem. Let me explain:

For example, people listing and promoting sales here through mass e-mailing cel member lists, and via auctions sites, through BBS sites, very much tend to pose a problem. The big one is especially auction links from the auction sites to RS.

There have been people not only posting links from eBay pages directly to their RS gallery, but have posted prices at the same time and on other cels not even on auction! So, like the old saying goes, "if you give one person an inch, there is always someone that comes along and goes the extra mile and a half!; knowingly, taking advantage. They are probably hoping that they can make a fast buck, before anyone catches on. And I am sure that some have, but lately it hasn't been working in their favor,..trust me on that one. People have been getting their sites closed.

jn is referring to "links" of places that can host sales for free. I hope that is clear.

At least this has been my understanding of events. If you want the definitive answer jn is the man.

E
E
Jun 18 at 9:56 AM
Welcome! Login or Register