anime to watch?

I knew I missed some. I want to see 'Fruits Basket.' The producer of that show is going to be at Fanime, so that's a panel I want to check out. Too bad I haven't seen any of the show, so I'll be clueless. ^^*

'Kare kano,' is another I hear is good. I have 'Wolf's Rain' right here on my table, but I've been so busy and tired I haven't had the time to watch it. My friend tells me it's weird, weirder than 'Lain.' In that case, I'll wait for a day when more brain cells are active!
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Jun 09 at 7:00 PM
Oh RHEY! you have GOT to watch Fruits Basket :D!! I'm almost positive you'll love it. It's just a really really great show. You just have to trust me on this one. ;) (and jason too for that matter *high fives j-dawg* ) OH, p.s., there are six episodes per disc, the whole series on 4 dvds! And they are ALL available, so you have no excuse xD

Oh.. i forgot to mention in my previous post that I've been watching X tv as well. Just rented (and watched) volume 5. I really like it. I'm addicted to that opening song too.. O.o;;
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Jun 10 at 7:00 PM
I wanna add something to my list: Yokohama Shopping Log (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou) which I just saw today and then found the manga translation for just a while ago. This is going on my "sorely underappreciated" list. Too bad this one will probably never see a US license.

Hey, that's a good question, what anime do you consider underappreciated?

jn

ps - Yes, I do still get work done.... =) I've actually been working on this site for the past few days.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 11 at 5:43 AM
I think some OVA and some movies are under-appreciated in comparison to TV series anime. Simply because the market and exposure to the masses is smaller. I think that the OVA take more risks and in general have more artist juices flowing than the weekly series do in general. I seek out OVA more than series in general because of this aspect. Although,... I HAVE been interested in Samurai Jack lately (LOL!!). I had to throw that one in there :-)...
E
Jun 13 at 1:29 AM
Welcome! Login or Register