Way off topic: (Fan Fiction)

What do you think about fan fiction? I mean, do any of you [cel collectors] write / read fan fiction? I just wanted to know because when I read it, I find some wonderful stories, and some awful ones. Normally if the writer does a good job (as most of them do) it almost seems like your reading a lost episode or something. But what if that talented writer decides to write some stuff that?s so odd, or misplaced, that you end up not enjoying that show anymore? This has happened to numerous times to me. (but I can?t just STOP reading them because of all the good stories out there!) Anyways, I?d really like your opinion on this.

Thanks!!!
SadSaturn
silent_blaze
Forlorn Glow
May 29 at 6:37 PM
Before all the awful pop-ups (which can shut down a little laptop pretty quickly when 20 show up at once) I used to read a bit of anime oriented fan fiction on various sites, devoted to Gundam Wing, Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc.

Wading through the good (and bad) I noticed there were some dramatic stories I really liked because they followed the continuity of each series and seemed a natural progression of it. As you said, Serina, "like you're reading a lost episode or something." There were many stories also that started out good but then took that odd or misplaced direction that you mentioned. Most of the time I was just shaking my head going, "I don't think so..." and moving on to the next story.

I guess what I'm trying to say is a piece of fan fiction is just that, a fan oriented work. Fan fiction has no bearing on the actual show and is basically written for the enjoyment of the reader and the writer. It's subjective. We both might not like a story because it deviates from the original show but someone else might think that story's great and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

It shouldn't stop you from liking a series just because a favorite writer who previously wrote stories you liked suddenly threw you for a loop with one or more you weren't too thrilled with. With the amount of stuff out there, odds are you can find other stories geared to what you like to read.

Flippy

Flippy
Flipyon's Cel Gallery
May 30 at 11:07 PM
Welcome! Login or Register