Paint by Numbers, Episode 1

Howdy all. In lieu of an "announcements" forum (which I should really get around to doing), I'm posting this here.

We're proud to announce our first ever contest for real, live loot. Here's the link...

Paint by Numbers
http://www.rubberslug.com/contest/

At
stake over the next two weeks is a 6-piece Inuyasha figurine set (the kind you get from vending machines) and a display card that unfortunately doesn't match the figurines. I totally overlooked this minor detail when buying this stuff in the really, really cramped toy store.

In any case, the contest is simple. Find the 15 cels somewhere on this site and report your findings in the entry form. You're only allowed to enter once and your responses will be automatically checked by the server. If this breaks, please feel free to yell at me since I only tested it for all of 5 minutes after I finished coding it. =/

If you have any questions that aren't answered by the contest description, then please feel free to post questions to this thread.

Special thanks goes out to all of the generous members who have allowed us to use their cels for this contest. As a reminder to all the "cel donors" -- you're still eligible to play, just consider it a one cel head start. The other special thanks goes out to Rheytarian, for picking cels to use in the contest.

If this goes well, we may try to secure bigger and better prizes from anime character goods stores.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 20 at 5:49 AM
Extension pending while I make up an advert of some kind so people actually know that a contest exists.

Hee hee.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 30 at 5:19 AM
Maybe an extension is a good idea, it's a pretty hard contest. I only found a few . . . ^__-
hyaku
Bibble Bibble Cels!
May 30 at 10:52 PM
Any news on the contest? hehe.
nagi
Shintaro's Fun Fair
Jun 04 at 9:53 PM
Crap, totally forgot about this. I've been busy working on some new stuff for the past few days. (Two whole days of interrupted work on the site! *jumps with joy*)

Yeah, it needed an extension because I think it's...

a) way too hard for a $10 set of figurines
b) not really advertised so out of the 10 people or so who submitted something, the winning entry would have gotten only like half of the cels right

I wasn't expecting anyone to really get all of them. I like hard contests myself rather than picking a random number from 150 correct entries. Of course, the problem with hard contests is that people are assuming (I think) that if they don't get all of the right answers they won't win.

Scoring a 15 was supposed to be really hard. Not a popular idea?

I need to make up an "advertisement" for the home page so people know we actually have a contest. Contest extension is going to presumably go to... um.... probably the end of next week?

Let's say June 15th for now. I'll also post a note saying that I'll reset anyone's submission who was rushed and sent an incomplete form early.

Sorry about the confusion.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 05 at 9:23 AM
Welcome! Login or Register