Newbie roxxors

Hi,
i'm new to the site and i have to say, whomever hosts this site must be the coolest (explicit content) on the planet. Unless he/she is partly angel, im astounded. Anyways, i wanted to introduce myself to everyone so here goes.
-------------

Started collecting : About a week ago

Real Name : Shahab Jubei Mehraban (Wish i could choose a different first name, but oh well.)

Residents : Phoenix, Arizona (phx baby !)

Hobbies : Sleeping, and training occasionally.

Favorite show : DragonballZ (The early stuff), and Yu Yu hakusho (all of it).

# of cels and douga's to date :

1 cel : (gohan from saiyan saga drooling on him, about to attacked by a barrage of vegetas ki attack's.

13 douga's : All listed on cap-cel-corp2003 website until i recieve them =) Thank you Mr. ransom btw =)

----------------

Yeah, i know what you're thinking.... What a major newb right? Well i'm trying to fix that so if you have any interesting Dragonball Z or y.y. hakusho cels for sale please contact me at smmnow@prodigy.net with a scan or link (unless that's not allowed, which in that case, Please don't heheh). Thanks everyone and i look forward to posting some stuff within the oncoming month.

*r0aR*
jubei
May 14 at 3:40 PM
Sorry i have to double post (i don't see an edit button anywhere ahhh !!) but i had a couple question that will hopefully override my idiocy in posting this in the wrong forum. Anyways, they are :

1. Where the dang edit button ? Is it impossible to edit/delete my own posts?

2. Are we advized not to post anything non cel oriented ? I mean as far as figure collection images and such. I ask cause i've seena member or 2 with these type of sections (i will not name names) on their homepage and i would like to do the same if it's allowed.

3. Can you format your homepage, or is their a specific layout that calls for information that you fill out accordingly. Keep in mind, i haven't made my homepage yet =)

Thanks again !
jubei
May 14 at 4:24 PM
Howdy.

About your questions...

1) There is no edit button. There really should be. In fact, the ability to edit your posts is coded into this message board already, but it's kinda flaky and tended to do weird things so I turned it off. I really should fix that (you'll hear me say that a lot).

2) Non-cel stuff. Please, please don't do this. Not that I really mind, but we've realized over the two years RS has been active that if you give an inch, someone somewhere will take that mile. A reasonable person would say, "If you want to mix in one picture of your dog or one picture of yourself in with your collection, then go ahead."

However, I can't afford to be reasonable anymore, for the reasons stated above. As of late, everything runs on somewhat specific sets of rules, with a few exceptions made for things like fancels and zero exceptions made for things like sales.

If the galleries you're mentioning have a sick amount of weird off-topic stuff in them, please forward them to a mod. (Strike up a conversation with one of them, they're all quite friendly.)

Sorry if those aren't numbered right, I actually replied to the wrong post I just realized....

The basic idea here is just to post cels that you collect to share them with everyone else. We give you (practically) unlimited space, catalog features, and no advertisements. All that we ask is that you stay within the spirit of the site and be considerate to your fellow members. (think "collectors first")

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any help setting up.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 14 at 6:43 PM
There's sort of a template. Admittedly, it's a little more "advanced" than it probably should be since it's made without margins and with a lot of slots that might not make much sense the first time through.

The cel information formatting is more or less set in one way, allowing you to change colors, some positions of a few things, and graphics. Look at member sites in the gallery listing to see what I mean.

To make a long story short, using the default settings won't make you go blind, but a clever individual could use careful color selections and graphics to make the template look completely different.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 14 at 6:46 PM
Superb mr. walrus, I read you loud and clear. Now all i need is a digital camera (which i hope to purchase within the next couple weeks) and a few more eyecatching cels/douga's and i'll be a productive member of the rubberslug cast.

Talk to you then,
jubei
jubei
May 14 at 8:21 PM
Welcome! Login or Register