Side banners

Pardon if this thread has been put through the needle's eye before: 'tis new to me.

I made a side banner that was long and thin, thinking it could go alongside the text. But when I tried to upload it, it bumped the text down to the bottom of the page where it couldn't be seen any more. Is there some way to get the text to appear beside the banner and not underneath it?

Sensei
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
May 09 at 11:25 AM
Not at the moment, but I saw someone do something kind of clever. They uploaded a long banned into the "left border graphic" slot and that (sort of) worked. You'll have to fiddle with the colors and stuff, I'd assume, to get it to look decent.

If anyone remember which gallery did this, could they post it here? It was something like stargazer or starlight something, I think. It was pretty clever.

There isn't a way to drastically alter the template as it is now. I tried to make it flexible, but keep in mind it was over two years ago when I coded that part of the site and it is certainly showing its age.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 09 at 5:34 PM
Is this the gallery?

http://thingswithwings.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

The
banner for the border with the cel gallery name is right above the text.

If it is, you could always ask Kitt how she put it together, she's a very nice person.

Flippy
Flippy
Flipyon's Cel Gallery
May 09 at 11:24 PM
I think the gallery you are talking about is 'Eternally Yours'. I don't have the url, don't remember and don't really feel like wading through this sluggish modem to get it. But you can look for it alphabetically in the listing. :)

(and I think the "stargazer" part you are thinking of is her *old* gallery name. It was "Dustie's Celestial Stars".)
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
May 10 at 12:47 PM
Welcome! Login or Register