how much is too much?

I have one or two cels from Vampire Princess Miyu, OK 42 if you count the two on the way. (Sheesh, I still contend that is cheaper than therapy) anyway I'm bored and was going to start breaking the catagory down into smaller, faster loading pages. What I would like to know is if I limit the pages to 6 thumbnails for ease of loading, how many pages do you go through before you lose interest? And while I'm sitting here avoiding the term-paper I have due, I would like to ask if I should actually seperate the odds and ends in the Misc section so I the cels turn up on the Search Feature? Or does it irritate folks to click on a series and only find one cel?
Thanks for any input.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Apr 21 at 10:34 AM
Hmmmmm, I'm biased on your Miyu cels, so I can't honestly answer that question:)

I'm all in favor of posting the odds and ends into their own sections. If I'm looking for cels from a series, I don't mind if a person has one or 100.

Plus, it's much easier to find them if they're seperated. When I was browsing for Ex Driver and Berserk cels, I didn't find many listed. Since then, I've run across quite a few in misc. sections. If they had been in their own section, I would have been able find them instead of randomly stumbling across them. That's why I've listed all my quality onesie-twosie cels in their own sections (someday I'll have another Urusai Yatsura cel so my poor teeny-tiny Lum isn't languishing in the misc. section forever).
felicity-chan
Felicity-chan's Oasis
Apr 21 at 1:39 PM
I have about 100 Battle Athlete TV cels and I got some comments when I was still displaying 6 per page that it was "a chore" to wade thru them all. (this was during a 30 person or so cel evaluation game) I changed it to 9/page but I'm back to 11 pages for that series and I've noticed that if I show people my gallery at work they rarely make it all the way to the end. Now, of course if people are really interested in a series they will check them all out but if someone is "just looking" as it were they will tire out. I know myself I rarely make it to the end of 10+ pages of cels when browsing.
As for "misc" sections...I don't like them at all..would prefer to see everything broken out by series, so I can find the cels on a search.
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Apr 21 at 4:05 PM
It looks Like the Misc section is no more and I'll leave Miyu until it truly gets out of hand, I just don't know a good way to break those cels apart. But hmmm look at all those lonely cels sitting by themselves I'd better get working on filling out those catagories bwahahahaha (and it worked I've compleatly put off my Paper so now it's chocolate covered espresso beans and an all-nighter, I do tend to work better under pressure)
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Apr 22 at 12:02 AM
When my Rayearth section got out of control, I broke it up by character. I don't know if it's better or worse (nobody's ever said one way or another), but I figure that folks can pick and choose their favorites.

Good luck on your paper!
felicity-chan
Felicity-chan's Oasis
Apr 22 at 9:14 AM
Welcome! Login or Register