Anime on CN?

Hey.. has the fact that Cartoon Network showing anime (like Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin) influenced your collecting habits at all? Was the reason you started collecting a series because of CN airing anime? And if you were a fan/collector of the series a LONG time before... what do you think of the sudden surge of excellent anime on CN?

I honestly haven't watched much anime on CN. The only show I caught was Cowboy Bebop.. and I instantly loved it. I had always avoided the show before stumbling upon it on CN one night. (that damn awesome catchy opening song/sequence). I have avoided watching Inuyasha completely though... because I know if i DID that I would have an uncontrollable urge to buy every cel from it that I possibly could - and that would be BAD. I'm going to let the fad wear off before I start watching the show again (i left off on episode 10 or so ^^;;; ). As for kenshin.. I've seen the entire show already (same with Trigun, which is rumoured to show on CN..? ), so I don't need to make time in my schedule to watch it again. (though I may watch some of the episodes from the 2nd season again... if they get that far). Ok.. so now I'm rambling. ...

Let me know what you think. ^_^ Thanks in advance.
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Mar 31 at 10:42 AM
I've joined an anime club we get together ever month or so to watch anime from dawn to dusk and my habit has gone out of control!
Look for new cels from Marmalade boy, Himiko-den, and oh don't I wish Fruits Basket was cel a cel made anime! I do try and avoid the anime on Cartoon network, as they tend to butcher plot lines horribly! I have found that the Internationl Channel runs anime at 11 PM eastern most nights. I finally get to see Slayers Whoot!
I will admit, however, the Sailor Moon run a few years back was the initial catalist for this addiction I suffer now! (Although you would never know it from my gallery.)
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Apr 01 at 9:37 PM
The majority of cels in my gallery (GW, CB, OS) come from series I saw on CN originally, but I've managed to curb myself from collecting from every series I've seen on there (as much as I wouldn't mind a cel of Hiei from "Yu Yu Hakusho") and some I have been told, ("Candidate For Goddess") were not made using cels.

I've seen a bit on CN I probably wouldn't
have rented (if our video store had anime rentals) or bought but because they were showing it, decided to check it out. I kind of see CN like a preview channel, if I've enjoyed the series, I'll buy the uncut version eventually and see if there's anything I've missed.

Flippy

Flippy
Flipyon's Cel Gallery
Apr 02 at 10:56 PM
I think anime shown on CN causes a surge in cel collecting. I've noticed that the prices in cels soar when they hit the U.S. Bad if you want to pay less, and the competition gets pretty tough. >.<

Back OT. No, I've started collecting WAY before the titles reached our shores. (Though I watch a bit of 'new' titles to see if they are worthy pursuing.)I find that I cannot watch CN; I'm a bit anal about dubbing since I love to watch my anime with subs.

I also feel like if I had to wait for titles to reach CN, I'd be 'behind' on what's going on in the anime world. I'm rather impatient and pounce at the chance to get anime as soon as they're available in any disc form. ^__^
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Apr 08 at 11:59 PM
I hate to wait, so I wind up with the horrible Hong Kong Disks. I know alot of people are against them but it is your only option if you want alot of the titles out there. I used to get new stuff on fan sub, but that just isn't an option anymore. What I do like is the fansubs online! How else would I be able to watch Wolf's Rain almost as soon as it airs. Has anyone else been following it? If not I highly recomend it! And while I'm at it anyone have any new anime to recomend?
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Apr 09 at 3:45 PM
Welcome! Login or Register