Wireless..anyone?

Lets go wireless ,,,(well one day ^-^)

I have been in Japan so long, I do not know whether or not this service is do-able or not, but here we can have access to many sites by using our mobile phones; auctions, email, even "animanga" has some mobile phone or wireless access capability. The tft screens are so advanced with millions of colors here it is almost like having a small pc in your hand. It would be cool to have mobile access to RS, galleries, future sales site, etc.

Whaddaya think?

E
E
Feb 26 at 9:48 PM
You got your "A" stuff, which is fixing things which are currently very, very broken on the site. Then you got your "B" stuff, which I'm working on right now. Then you got your "C" stuff which is stuff that is broken but isn't painfully broken (i.e. - inability to change the "series" header to something more descriptive) and features that I'd really like but aren't in the schedule for a while. Lots of "C" things are being fixed while I work on the "B" stuff.

Mobile is very doable, but it's a "C" item. 3G phones are badass, but the whole phone thing is much bigger in Japan, sorta big in Europe, and practically invisible in the US. (No one here wants to pay for it.) When DoCoMo starts to push their broadband phones, Japan will officially own the coolest handheld technology... ever. You'll be downloading video of the latest pop idol sensation while I'll be trying to weasel the current air temperature out of my phone.

You pretty much hit all of the useful things. Buy from auctions/sales and view new gallery posts. Cels are the perfect commodity to buy and sell over a phone because a) all you really get/need is the picture and b) cel purchases are very time-sensitive (i.e. - right place, right time).

Thanks for suggestion. Yes, it's cool, but it's a definite C-list... mostly because only six or seven people would ever use it regularly. Oh, if only I had an platoon of programming monkeys.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 26 at 11:22 PM
Welcome! Login or Register