macintosh users plz respond

Do you have a Mac? Can you see this page alright? Do you have Mac-user friends who cannot see this page? If you can -- or cannot -- please response with your os version (8.1, 9.2, 10, etc.) and your browser (internet explorer 5.1, netscape 4.7, etc.)

I know there's not too many Macs out there, so every response counts. Thanks.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 10 at 1:05 AM
I run OS X.2 and Explorer 5.2. The page formats fine but I cannot read the text against the white background. And if I try to preveiw my gallery from my members page I get sent to the main rubberslug gallery list page. I'm not sure if those are site issues or not.

While I'm typing I'll chime in about how the new and improved site is very groovey! Thanks Jason
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Feb 11 at 10:42 PM
Im not a mac user but I also get sent to the RS main page when I try to preview. Also will the counter stop counting yourself when your logged in and viewing your pages?
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Feb 11 at 10:54 PM
Yeah, that's what the problem is. A lot of Mac people are having trouble because the page is showing up as all-white to them.

I went back to the old main forum page. Was the main forum page all white before and it's fixed now, or is it still broken?

http://www.rubberslug.com/board/

The
preview thing is fixed. Yipes, that musta been annoying people for a while. Tell me these things sooner! I'm more than willing to drop everything and address bugs like these since they're easy to fix. =)

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 11 at 11:31 PM
I just looked into the hit counter thing. It's not technically impossible to do, but it's kinda complicated. The way the site is set up (with separate URLs for your own personal website) means that although www.rubberslug.com knows you're logged on, yourgallery.rubberslug.com doesn't think you are logged on.

For now, this task is made slightly difficult because of a known bug in the web server software that doesn't allow me to detect when someone logs out by inactivity. I'll keep this in mind later when I revamp the site tracking utilities. Thanks for the suggestion.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 11 at 11:52 PM
Welcome! Login or Register