love/hate

Does anyone else out there have a anime or two they feel love/hate for? Akira is mine. One time I will be so into it, the other time I just cannot stand it. Is this common, or am I some freak?
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Feb 04 at 1:10 AM
Definitely Eva.

Sometimes, I think, "Gee, this was made by a pretty clever group of folks." But then there's the filler. And the loopy acid-induced "gotta-try-to-explain-everything" episodes.

And the worst part: cashing in. They can't help themselves. I saw some hentai Eva phone cards that appear to be licensed by Gainax (it was on their site, iirc). Why sell out your best property to make a few bucks from a dirty screensaver or two? You'd think a large anime studio could collectively think far enough ahead to realize what kind of credibility hit you take when you do stuff like that.

Sure, sex sells, but that's like saying "Pi" would have been better with a shower scene.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 04 at 1:45 AM

"Ah My Goddess" has got to be the one. I love the girls they are beautiful, funny, ditzy, kind, smart and sexy,,,, but what the HELL are they doing with that stupid kid? :-)

I don't know, just the whole Beldandy in love with "him", worrying about not be with him in-angst-thing, I cannot get past. He should not even be in the show. At least he could have "looked" somewhat "worth" all of the attention that he was getting.

I just can't buy into it. That is probably why I have never bought a cel from the show. Otherwise, I'd be all over it, because I do like the character designs of the girls.

E
E
Feb 04 at 7:11 AM
Love- I love that it's full of action and has rather bizarre looking characters. At times I want nothing compplicated nor anything too weird to strain the brain. (like after watching Lain!) So I just sit back and watch 'typical anime.' I also love some of the artwork, espicailly ki effects and stuff. Since I'm a huge Future Trunks fan, I also love to oogle all over him. (Yum!)

Hate- Too much fighting! For the reason I love them, I also hate them. At times, the fighting goes ever on and on. And battles that are supposed to take 5 minutes drag on for weeks on end. Also, the funny gutteral sounds characters make in the dub is so funny. The dubs are one of the most silliest things that has happened to DBZ, sometimes it makes me cry.
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Feb 04 at 10:40 AM
Hate:
Dragon Ball, be it GT, Z, whatever - why?
1. Ugly style
2. Ugly chara design: muscles, angry faces, etc are just sooooooooooo degueu!
3. All the nonsensual crash-boom-I'llkillyou fighting
4. Everything else about it!!

Pok?mon and all rip-offs (Digimon, Beyblade, Medabots,...):
I hate those shows with some grade school kids adventuring all over and having small robots or animals be their slaves. And it's too simple-minded...
(and everything else about it I hate too, incl. cheap animation and stupid story)

Love:
I'm tired, so I won't hirogate it...

^^
Anna
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
May 08 at 4:59 PM
Welcome! Login or Register