SPAM mail through RS!

Hi!

I don't know how many of you have received this. (See below "fake feedback").

But I have recently been receiving quite a couple of these SPAM MAILS through feedback from my website, which then I've visited the site stated is all 'advertisements' or whatsoever.

Anyway, it's getting quite irrtating as you don't know if it's a sincere feedback from collectors unless you open and read and it's not just 1 copy.

Anyway, can RS have any prevention measures or actions to take?

Help me,
Fran

~~~~Fake feedback~~~~

Feedback was sent from Fran's Cel Galleria, your cel gallery at
Rubberslug:

Name: ????????
Email: hkwei8888@hotmail.com
Site:
Comment:
?????????????
??????????????????????????????
?????????????????????¼?????????????l?????????????k???l????
??????????????????????????????????g????????????????á?????
?hö????????????????hö??????????h??????????????????

????????????
????????????????????????????
?????????????????????¼?????????????l?????????????k???l????
??????????????????????????????g???????????????á?????
?hö???????????????hö??????????h?????????????????

-----------------------

Rubberslug will *never* request account information via this feedback
form.
chongfran
Fran's Cel Galleria
Jul 27 at 10:21 AM
Are you sure this response was not from an international viewer using a different language? I.e. Chinese characters will show up as gibberish and so will Japanese characters.

If this really is spam that is not a good thing. Perhaps if all else fails you can create a back up email account and link your RS account just to that?
momo
M O M O's cels
Jul 27 at 10:51 AM
I've been receiving the same messages as well. All originate in Hong Kong.

When I made a topic regarding this earlier, I was told that they had changed the feedback system so that some simple math equation was added in order to prevent these SPAM messages. However, when I've recently sent feedback to other members, I did not have to use my grey matter for any arithmetic problem.

Generally, the IDs that appear on my email are things like "hkgoldsell" or some odd configuration that. These IDs all sound like company names to me, so I've happily deleted them all.

Is there any way to impliment some kind of blocking system for these companies? I know that not all members receive emails through the system, so I kinda wonder if they're targetting people who they think might be asian(I'm guessing that 'Cutiebunny' is a moniker that sounds asian?).
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Jul 27 at 1:47 PM
I get them fairly often, but I don't mind.

I seem to recall it would be a major hassle for him to try and mess with a fix for that at the current time.

Getting to have my own free online cel gallery > Spam e-mails
Shemp
Black Mirror
Jul 27 at 3:35 PM
It's not from another fan. No matter what encoding you use (Chinese, Japanese, or Korean) it just comes out as gibberish. I'm guessing that it's Chinese, as that's the only translation that makes any sense--something about the Hong Kong corporation?

Anywhoo, from what I understand, a lot of people have been getting this sort of feedback, and there's not really much that can be done about it. *shrug* Well, at least you're not alone, Fran.
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
Jul 27 at 5:35 PM
Welcome! Login or Register