suggest a contest

Hi, I brought a bunch of goodies back from Japan.

I thought maybe you all could help with deciding how to distribute them, namely, can you come up with a contest that can be easily created and judged?

Potential prizes include:

Series 2 Bleach Gashapon set (2 available)
Series 3 Bleach Gashapon set (2 available)
Series 2 Ichigo 100% set
assorted sealed School Rumble and Gainax bubbles
papercraft pop-up "Animator's studio" from Studio Ghibli museum
papercraft pop-up "Bouncing Totoro carousel" from Studio Ghibli museum (haven't assembled mine yet, but I think it actually *spins*)
A Japanese exit sign (weird, but neat)
Naru and Mutsumi figures from Love Hina (didn't get the whole set)
Wolfwood figure from Trigun
Inuyasha figure set*

* was never handed out from the last contest a few years ago because the contest was disasterously hard and multiple people got only about 1/2 of the puzzles right.

(All the figures are the tiny ones, not the big PVC ones)

This time I'm definitely delegating the prize distribution and contest running to a mod or something to ensure that contest management gets done in a timely manner.

I've got a few other things but they're almost certainly for me, unless the contest is seeing who can successfully ship me the most gold bars in 24 hours or other such shameless obscenities.

Well, fire away.
Edited Feb 27 at 1:00 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Feb 27 at 12:45 PM
How about the "Poe wants the EXIT sign, give it to her now contest"?
Ms. Poe
Ms. Poe
Feb 27 at 11:01 PM
*predicts that the Japanese exit sign will be a "dark horse" hotly-contested item*

How about some sort of writing contest?
Kitt
Forever Dreaming
Feb 28 at 9:11 AM
depending on how you want to do the contest and how subjective(pannel of judges)

you could have

-find the broken stuff with rubberslug (kind of your own testers most flaws found wins (this way you can make a list of stuff (though im sure you have one(but be careful it may turn into who can break slug for the sign)

-best mod/most needed to rubberslug (contestant writes an essay describing it and why it is needed and how it would help)

-most helpful slug member (could be personally, collection wise, or slug community building) prize could go not to the person who submits but who gets the most or some sort of highest praise

-scavenger hunt- ex learn more about slug either its members or functions and things you want members to know (then from the entrants that correctly awnser the qs/locations randomly draw a person out)

-slug it out- make a tribute to slug, in words, song, sketch, plush, whatever gets your fancy just show the love. send to you or another mod and the choose their fav. (that way you get stuff too)

-make the most contests

-donation drive/or member drive(refferals) fund raiser ("buying the prizes" may be unfair and take the contest out of this one)
indy
Painted Plastik
Feb 28 at 11:39 AM
Lets see .. .
It could be an anime knowledge quiz with questions from obscure and popular anime. It would have to be pretty hard though or else people could easily find the answers online.
Or we could have a fanfiction/fanart contest.
Or maybe people could just tell us what they would do with the Japanese exit sign and the most creative or funny answer wins?
(personally I want one of those Studio Ghibli paper things ^__^)
hyaku
Bibble Bibble Cels!
Feb 28 at 6:20 PM
Welcome! Login or Register