I might be doing this wrong

but Id like to make a meek suggestion here for a "back to main galleries" button.
I might just be doing this wrong but I can't seem to get back to the RS main galleries listings when Im three or four series deep in someone's cel gallery.
I hope that makes sense.
If Im on page four of slayers in "blah's gallery" sometimes I want to leave "blahs' Gallery" and go right back to the main gallery listing..to look at someone else gallery but if Ive looked at 6 series in blah's gallery..no matter how many times I hit the back button I always end up just closing the browser window..instead.

Theres "change series" or "back to blah's listings"(both very helpful)
underneath it Id lke to request
"RS gallery index" button that just shoots me right back to the listings..so I can pick another gallery right away no matter how deep in cels I am.

There probably is a way to do this and Im just too brain dead to figure it out...heh..but if not..its my humble suggestion.
Pale
One Moment of Magic
Nov 12 at 7:49 AM
I'm pretty sure that this option doesn't exist yet. But if you are a frequent visitor like me, you might just want to make the listings page your homepage on IE. The rubberslug homepage IS my homepage.. cuz i visit it so often ^^;

I do think this is a good idea though, sometimes when you're 20 pages in to someone's gallery, you don't want to "back" click that many times. The loading can sometimes crash your system, or overload your connection (as it does with me quite often.).

Don't worry,you're not brain dead ^^
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Nov 13 at 11:46 AM
Isn't there already an "RS" symbol (link) at the bottom-right-corner of each page and that no matter how far along or deep you go that you can still click on it and it will jettison you all the way back out? Or am I misunderstanding your post?

E
E
Nov 14 at 5:46 AM
This is sort of on purpose, but you're right it can be inconvenient.

Why did I do this? This reasoning may sound insane... I kinda had in mind that each little site would be off on it's own. I didn't really want to tie down member sites with constant reminders boasting, "yes, this is hosted on rubberslug". The only involuntary mention made of rubberslug is that little doodad at the bottom that points people in the right direction if they're interested in getting a similar setup for themselves. It dumps you to the RS home page though, not the gallery listing.

If I were really smart, I would write a button that would say, "find cels similar to these" that would find more slayers cels if you were looking at a slayers page, or more dragonball cels, etc. It's too early in the morning to be that clever... maybe a bit later... (and I still haven't gotten to features yet this week, I know! sorry!)

Would adding a "more galleries" link at the bottom that will dump you back to recent updates be sufficient? Or would you rather have it so that galleries you click on in RS open new windows? Let me know.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 14 at 6:02 AM
Welcome! Login or Register