last modified: Monday, October 24, 2005 (12:11:56 PM)
We have posted a Vega cel in our Street Fighter section. In honor of that, here is some info and trivia about Capcom's infamous bull fighter. http://welcomeconsumer.com
Vega is from a Spanish noble family, but they lost everything they had. His mother married another nobleman for his money, not his looks. As he grew, Vega learned bullfighting, a tradition in his family. He went to Japan and learned ninjutsu, a style he believed meshed well with his natural grace and agility. Combining bullfighting with ninjutsu, Vega went into the underground cage fighting circuit, and quickly became one of the best. His stepfather murdered his mother because he felt she didn't respect him, and Vega killed him in return. The incident damaged his mind, and he developed a dual personality: honourable nobleman by day, sadistic masked killer by night.
* In the Japanese version of Street Fighter II and subsequent games, Vega is known as Balrog. For the American releases, Balrog became Vega, Vega became M. Bison and M. Bison became Balrog.
* Early sketches suggest that Vega was going to resemble a medieval knight wearing a full suit of armor.
* It takes exactly 14 blocked hits for Vega to lose his claw. This reduces his attack range by about 50%. Since Super Street Fighter II, Vega can pick up the claw. In Street Fighter Alpha 3, he can lose his mask as well.
* Vega was given the surname Fabio le Cerna in the anime series Street Fighter II V, but it has many variations in different parts of the world, and it is unknown if this surname is officially recognized by Capcom.
* In the game Resident Evil 4, There is an enemy who looks suprisingly like Vega. This would make sense, as the Resident Evil series is also made by Capcom.
Rumor has it that Vega was asked by the Mafia to kill Lee since Lee didn't win the 1st World Warrior Tournament,This info has not been confrimed.
Vega has an interest in Chun Li and has a love/hate relationship with Cammy,In his Street Fighter Alpha 3 ending Vega takes Cammy to england.
It is belived that Vega was trained by Geki from the original Street Fighter game this could be the reason why Vega has the claw but it has never been confirmed or denied by Capcom.