main search function

So, on the main site there is the search bar just to the right of the rubberslug icon. I've tried to use this to search for particular series titles that I personally collect, and none of my items pop up, or at least very few of them do.

Now here's my question: What is this search box actually searching for, gallery category titles or individual item titles? I don't know how many people organize their galleries like I do, but I like to label each item with a specific episode number and other information. Putting in the series title for each item when it's already the category title is a little repetitive to me. I'd still like people to be able to search for series that I collect, though. Any ideas on this?
rekka
Shadows on White
Aug 13 at 8:03 PM
The search function seems to only pick up on words that are written in the title and narrative portion of each item. You can enter in words like "pink", "harmony", etc. and it will show you pictures of items featuring these words in their listings. However, I find that for really common words, like "the", "it" and "cel", the search feature will not yield any results. I'm guessing that that's because there are just too many results with these words.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Aug 13 at 9:02 PM
The search function on the earlier version of rubberslug did pick up series titles. Unfortunately, that wasn't brought forward to the newer version. I don't know why not, since it was very useful. Searching for item titles is good, but a more complete search function would be even better.
Doug
Doug's Cels
Aug 14 at 4:36 AM
Yup, unless the name is used in the title or description, then you wont find it. For example, my Sugar rune sketches, only ONE has the words "sugar rune" on the title, the others are under a folder called Sugar Rune...But if I type those words, only the sketch with that name will show up. Maybe one day there can be a folder search.
moonrabitt
Melody on the Moon
Aug 15 at 10:38 PM
Hmm, that's too bad. I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope the search function will be upgraded sometime. xD Thanks for your comments, guys!! *hugs* :)
rekka
Shadows on White
Aug 16 at 8:09 PM
Welcome! Login or Register