Evangelion Cel - Rei Fake? v2

First topic don't seem to work, maybe it's because of the link. Please delete it if possible.

Hello,

For people who don't know me, I'm Riogi, and I collect mainly EVA cels.

I came accross today a cel collector who wanted to trade his cels. After checking his collection (out of interest not for trading as I'm not willing to trade anything but as a collector), I noticed two of his three EVA cels were probably fakes.

I don't think he was aware of it. But I remember seeing one of his cels for sale from a seller out in Hong Kong, and I was pretty sure at that time it was a fake. The second cel didn't remember me anything from the show as well so I estimated it had something like 70-80% chances being a fake.

But then I noticed something really suspicious.

One of the cels I own is a Rei one. That cel was bought from a reliable trader. I had seen it for a few times, but I was thinking they were matching sets.

I didn't put it together until today, as I've checked out this guy's cel. It looked like exactly like mine. Not a matching set. Stricktly the same cel.

After checking out:

ItemID=273488
ItemID=334493
ItemID=259549
ItemID=189965

There's 5 copies of the cel (one of them being not listed here as it's owned by a French friend who let me know outside of RS he had it). Not to mention it regularly pops out on eBay...

5 exact copies of the same cel, with different numbers, only lead me to a single conclusion: someone is toying us around with a flash machine.

So, as I don't like being screwed, and as I would like to know if other collectors would think the same based on the aforementionned facts, I'm launching this topic to get others opinions.
Riogi
Riogi's Cels
Nov 26 at 7:00 AM
Welcome! Login or Register