Forum Upgrade

I've been upgrading the forums this weekend to be a little more similar to forums used elsewhere on the web. When I can spare a few moments, the next things I plan to work on are a better moderator interface (i.e. - featured galleries) and cleaning up some of the old stuff to make it look a little more presentable.

(That includes this awful message board posting form.)

Better info and changelogs will be available once I finish testing most of this stuff.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Aug 17 at 8:59 PM
Wow, the new forum made me gasp! (Okay, so I'm relly bored and need amusement)

I like the changes so far, we look much more board- like. ^__^
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Aug 17 at 9:22 PM
[quote](That includes this awful message board posting form.)[/quote]

Well, it's fixed now to the new "AquaForum" color scheme as well. The whole orange thing was getting a little stale after two years. (RS turned two years old last week.) Let me know if any of this breaks. I'm trying to put the site into a shape that will make it easier to make the big leap to RSv2.0, but it won't be easy, especially with all the duct-taped code in the site creation engine that's coming back to haunt us now.

More things I'd like to tack onto the forum include:

- fun icons to insert into messages (anyone want to make some?)
- more forum gallery interactivity
- post editing (this one is easy, I might do this tonight if I can scrounge up more iced tea)

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Aug 18 at 12:50 AM
[quote]Well, it's fixed now to the new "AquaForum" color scheme as well. The whole orange thing was getting a little stale after two years.[/quote]

Err..um.. am I the only person still seeing the original orange color scheme? Did I miss something? ^^;;
Echo
Lunar Reflections
Aug 25 at 11:01 AM
[quote]Err..um.. am I the only person still seeing the original orange color scheme? Did I miss something? ^^;;[/quote]

The forum pages shold all be the same color scheme. Maybe try clearing out your browser cache? (Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Files in IE)

If it's still broke, lemme know.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Aug 27 at 9:41 PM
Welcome! Login or Register