bandwidth ahoy!

Bandwidth troubles and overall slowness as of tomorrow (meaning Wednesday, since I'm still awake) will be mostly a thing of the past. (Well, provided we keep up with the bills.)

We're finally getting a very fancy and high-tech connection piped into our server rack tomorrow. That's a definite thing barring cancellation of an appointment with the snooty ISP guys. Fiber is very expensive stuff so they spent the two weeks doing that "measure twice, cut once" kinda thing.

This will involve a good deal of reorganization so it's possible something will get hosed in the process. We're programmers, not network engineers, so this is all very floofy and esoteric to us.

Please report any weirdness either in the forum or directly to us via e-mail. I'll report in when we are switched over and running smoothly.

http://www.rubberslug.com/info/contact.asp
Edited May 25 at 3:15 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 25 at 3:14 AM
Hello, shadowcat here Ahoy back to you all. I love it. I am still up as well and hope everything goes well. Good luck.

Sincerly Sheryl ;)
Shadowcat
Shadowcat Mostly DBZ Gallery
May 25 at 3:49 AM
*squee*

*Twirls with random lobster*
Ms. Poe
Ms. Poe
May 25 at 4:22 AM
*ZIP*
*BOOM*
*BANG*
It's a wonderful thang! :D
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
May 25 at 3:13 PM
Update: It's official, ISPs suck.

We have a shiny new cable ready for use... but guess what? We have no addresses that we can use for it due to a mind-numbing lack of evolution in the network operations center.

So, this means that we have to wait until business hours tomorrow to fill out more paperwork. In the meantime, I encourage you to download as much as possible from this current connection which has been unmetered for you browsing enjoyment. For example, you can go to the background section and just start randomly downloading large background images. Do this over and over so we get our money's worth.

Working on getting shirts to printers right now. The first batch should be ready for delivery about 2 weeks from tomorrow.

*grumble grumble*
Edited May 25 at 5:17 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 25 at 5:17 PM
Welcome! Login or Register